Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, Hematology BMT Institute International is following the guidelines of CDC for a safe and protective environment in the clinic.
- Staff is educated about COVID-19, and why it is important to contain the outbreak.
- Staff is educated on practices to minimize the chance of exposure to respiratory pathogens including SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19.
- We have a COVID-19 office management plan that has patient flow, triage, treatment, and design.
- Hand sanitizer-approved respirators like N95 masks, face shields, surgical masks, single gloves, and gowns for all caregivers and staff.
- We adhere to standard precautions, including airborne precautions and the use of eye protection.
- Staff is cross-trained for all essential office and medical functions.
- The proper office and medical routine cleaning and disinfection procedures that are appropriate for SARS-CoV-2 are followed
- The staff is guided for optimizing the use of PPE or reusing PPE.
- An appropriate office’s waste disposal system is followed
- Appropriate signage is at the entrance and inside the office to alert all patients with respiratory symptoms and fever to notify staff immediately.
- We have put signage to teach/remind all patients about correct respiratory hygiene and cough etiquette.
- Patients and staff are regularly reminded to use appropriate hand-washing techniques.
- Patients with suspected respiratory infection systems are isolated.
- Rooms and medical equipment are cleaned with disinfectants and appropriate cleaning solutions
- We have installed no-touch waste bins with disposable liners at the reception, patient care units, waiting areas and restrooms.
- Alcohol-based hand-rubs and masks are kept in the clinic
- Toys, magazines, and other shared items are discontinued.
- Equipment such as stethoscopes, thermometers, etc., are cleaned with cleaning solutions for each patient
- Disposable tissue boxes / single-use towels are used throughout the office